We are looking for a new director to manage Lifetime Learning Center. This is the perfect job for newly retired individuals considering an encore career or for folks interested in working their career around family needs. Listed below is the job announcement.
The mission of Lifetime Learning Center (LLC), a non-profit organization, is to promote successful aging and the social, cognitive and physical well-being of adults over 50 within the Seattle community by providing quality educational classes and events. LLC is seeking an experienced, dynamic Director to be responsible for overall management and operations of the organization. This is a 1/2 – 3/4 part-time position that could be a perfect encore career for retired individuals.
- Development of a program of interesting, challenging classes for active seniors (i.e, history, environmental studies, literature, short stories, active discussion groups, music, art, photography, etc.)
- Recruitment and motivation of outstanding volunteer teachers. Coaching, as needed, in educational techniques.
- Identification and implementation of special events in conjunction with volunteers (speaker’s series, annual luncheon, senior resource fair, annual book and bake sale)
- Fiscal responsibility including management of the budget and fundraising activities.
- Management of paid staff and volunteers.
- Management of computer and software programs used in running the organization
- Liaise with landlord and manage facilities contract with the Lake City Presbyterian Church.
- Assistance with room set up and audiovisual equipment.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e., education, social work, human services, management; a degree in gerontology especially useful)
- Previous experience working with non-profit organizations, volunteers, and a senior population strongly preferred.
- Experience working with non-profit board of directors and committees.
- Budgeting and financial management and experience.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Expert knowledge of Word, Excel.
- Comfortable with various computer programs and marketing tools.
- Comfortable or willing to learn various computer programs such as Constant Contact, Word Press, Quick Books and Pay Pal .
- In person or on-line teaching experience helpful but not required.
Skills and abilities required:
- Ability to interpret and implement the programs, goals, and objectives established by the Board of Directors.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, and implement educational programs
- Ability to work both independently and in cooperation with volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service approach; positive attitude towards clients.
- Ability to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment.
- Hourly rate based on experience ($25-35 per hour); no benefits.
- Four days per week, 7 hours per day, up to 35 weeks a year (primarily a school year schedule).
- Job sharing is a possibility.